Sunday 29 July 2007

Holiday and bloddy graphics card

I spent the last week in the Northern Territory on holidays, warming up and getting away from the winter chills here at home. As normal the weather up there was very nice and I had a great break, even though I didn't get out fishing. I have been getting distracted by games lately, so I haven't been doing any mapping. but now I have had a good break, and I am back in the colder southern parts of Australia, I will get my current couple of maps finished off.

On a sad note, my issues with the graphics on my laptop continue, I am getting games crashing giving M$ Visual C++ errors, and some ATI executable getting stuck in a continuous loop and causing a blue screen of death. I have updated graphics drivers, and reverted to older drivers, both from the manufactures website and Omega drivers, but the issues continue. I think my graphics card in dieing! As it's a laptop a new card is going to be expensive and difficult to source and install, and as the laptop is a few years old, I am thing of upgrading to a whole new PC. Just have to find about AU$3 000.

Bloody computers, why do I use them.

No comments: